Are you dealing with dental fear?
Dental fear is one of the top reasons patients avoid visiting the dentist. When patients avoid visiting the dentist, they are more likely to develop tooth decay, gum disease, and other complex dentist issues stemming from poor oral hygiene. Regular visits to the dentist allow your dentist to thoroughly examine your smile and check for any signs of dysfunction. When certain dental concerns are caught, early patients may be able to avoid extensive treatment.
At Russel Street Dental Associates, Dr. Robert Gauthier leads a team of experienced, compassionate dental professionals who are committed to improving patient smiles. Our team takes the time to listen to your dental concerns and tailor a treatment plan based on your needs. We take the time to understand the cause of dental fear and create an atmosphere where you feel comfortable, relaxed, and informed.
Common dental fears:
- Fear of losing control
- Fear of needles
- Fear stemming from a past experience at the dentist
- Fear of drills and loud noises
- Fear of pain
We encourage patients with dental fear to visit our Worcester dental office for the care they need. Our team can work with you to improve your oral health. To schedule an appointment, call (508) 297-6270 or request an appointment online.
Tips For Overcoming Dental Fear
- Bring a friend with you to your dental visit. Bringing someone you trust to your dental appointment can help you feel safe and comfortable.
- Listen to an audiobook or music while you are receiving your treatment.
- Ask questions about your treatment.
- Take breaks throughout your treatment if you begin to feel overwhelmed.
- Try relaxation techniques like visualization, deep breathing, or meditation
- Ask about sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is ideal for patients with dental fear and anxiety. Our team of dentist will review your medical history and asses your oral health before recommending an appropriate sedation method.