Discovering ways to protect your teeth from developing complex dental problems is necessary for every patient. By practicing proper at home and in office preventive care, patients can minimize their chance of developing dental issues like tooth decay, gum disease, and cavities. At Russell Street Dental Associates we work with our patients to help them improve and maintain a healthy, functional smile. Don’t wait until a complex dental issue develops before you take the initiative to discover ways to improve your oral health.
Tips for Preventing Plaque
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for at least two minutes a day. Brushing is a great way to keep your teeth clean and free of harmful bacteria. Brushing for the appropriate amount of time allows patients to reap the full benefits of brushing the teeth.
- Incorporate flossing into your oral hygiene routine. Some people don’t think flossing has added any benefits to your oral hygiene routine but that is far from the truth. Flossing helps remove bacteria and debris that may be hiding between the teeth. Flossing helps minimize the chance of developing complex dental issues like gum disease and tooth decay.
- Use mouthwash. Mouthwash can flush out debris and bacteria that has accumulated in the mouth throughout the day. Try finding an ADA approved fluoride mouthwash to help your fight against plaque.
- Limit the amount of sugary foods and drinks you consume. The bacteria in your mouth feed off of the sugars you consume. When sugar is not properly removed from the mouth it can stick to your teeth and can cause cavities and other complex dental problems.
- Schedule twice a year routine dental exams. Our highly trained and experienced dentist at Russell Street Dental Associates is dedicated to helping you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile. Routine dental exams allow our dentists to catch any early signs of complex dental problems and offer the right treatment plan for your smile.
If you have not visited the dentist is an awhile or have any dental concern you want to address, visit Russel Street Dental Associates. Our team of dentists offers comprehensive, family-friendly dental care to each of our patients. Patients can feel free to call (508) 297-6270 to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment online